Montag, 4. Mai 2009

Economy in Romania

Romania, one of the poorest countries in the EU, has now not only major problems because it is close to bankruptcy, but at the same time faces a corrupted political elite resistant to reforms and even willing to fight back in a way hardly imaginable.
I did some research on the topic for one of my international business classes (check out some of my sources) and personally was shocked that something like this is possible with the tolerance of the EU. And that I didn't really came across anything like that, although I officially only worked as a volunteer, because it is so hard to get a permission to work apparently. Now I know why.
I found this video very interesting and it summarizes the situation quite well. Still, it's just crazy.

Keine Kommentare: