Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2009

Key Ring Bracelet



Well, yes, this is not a fashion blog, but I knew about this blog-"flashmob" initiated by Anna*Frost of Fashion Diary but didn't have any idea what to contribute to it.
But then I came back home and while bringing everything back in order after 4 month of absence, creativity hit me and I made a bracelet out of key rings.

All you need is about 9-10 silver key rings (I don't have enough golden ones to make this, do you??) in various sizes and forms. I just took the first ones I could find in my key chain collection (yes, I collect key chains, I'm a little nerdy, so what ;-P ).
Put them together so you get a ring of key rings. Of course,, it should be wide enough to fit around your wrist (an above your hand if you don't want to open and close it all the time when you want to wear it).

As you can see, mine loosely hangs on my wrist and it moves up my arm a little, too. And I added a 5 Danish Krones coin, which has a whole in the middle so you can winde it through one of the key rings, although this was very hard to do, uff. The coin is silver to and has little ornaments on it as well as hearts (yes, Danemark has beautiful money, no wonder they don't want the EURO). It was the first thing I could find on my desk and has been there for a year, as a souvenir from the sailing seminar in last April( yes, my University takes us sailing if we want to!!). and I always wondered what to do with it.
But you can add any kind of coin or pendant, whatever you want.
Now I'm consicering making more stuff out of key rings, maybe a necklace, we will see.
Have fun trying it out, I really like it and it doesn't look cheap or self-made at all.


:-)
Vio

2 Kommentare:

» cerezah hat gesagt…

tolle idee!

Y hat gesagt…

Das ist echt toll!!